Monday, November 26, 2012

OOTD: Gathered upholstery skirt

Happy Holidays folks!! Well it's Monday.. Back to the hustle and bustle of the week. Hopefully this week will go by fast for everyone :). Today's look is a skirt made from what I think is upholstery fabric, but it may just be a heavy wool. The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced it's upholstery. I bought this material from a warehouse store in Philadelphia called Jomar. I love their fabric b/c it's CHEAP! But I wasn't supposed to by this- I was just in for one thing and happened to see this sitting in their bin ready to be put away and said I have to have it. So with that said, I made this cute little flirty skirt out of it. I made it last night before I went to bed and I so LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE how it came out- the poofyness of it (now I know this isn't technically a word). I'm such a last minute person, meaning I usually make my clothing (for myself) at the last minute before something important. I know I need to get out of the habit of doing this, but I figure, hey, I can make it, so why rush. Didn't have a photog in my presence, so had to take the pics myself today.



Shirt: NY&Co
Shoes: Nine West (old)
V-neck tee: Strawberry (which is kind of like Rainbow- but BETTER)

 

Ughh there was something on the mirror and didn't notice, lol. 
 

I so love this owl necklace. I ordered from the above named person off of Facebook and received it a week later. I get a lot of compliments from it. 


Hope you enjoyed the looks!!
As always, your resident sewaholic, 
Sincere Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment